Example Projects Delivered by Bitgen
A few examples of applications already delivered. In almost all cases I was solely responsible for gathering and refining requirements, designing, building, testing and delivering the final product.
- Event Management Application (Welsh Cycling)
- Agency Journals Tool (Banking)
- Global Help Desk Application (Banking)
- PPI Refund Automation (Banking)
- SAP Journal Validation Mailbox (Banking)
- Hazard Management Application (Engineering)
- Geographical Analysis Tool (Research)
- Radiological Inventory Management System (Engineering)
- RAF Validation Tool (Banking)
- SRF Validation Tool (Banking)
- Commercial Charge Card Processing (Banking)
- Apple Pay (Banking - Temporary Solution)
- EBA Financial Reporting Model Validation Tool (Banking)
- Capacity Planning and Tracking Tool (Banking)
- Mobile Phone Billing System (Telecommunications)
- Data Remediation Tools for Basel II - Various (Banking)
- Control Sheet Attestations Application (Banking)
- Project Status Reporting Tool (Banking)
- Company Financials Tool (Banking)
- Account Indexing Tool (Banking)
- Card and Loan Reconciliation Management and Reporting System (Banking)
- Consumer Debt Recovery System
- Mortgage Data Reporting Tool (Banking)
- Dormant Accounts Management System (Banking)
- Credit Card Refund System (Banking)
- Role Mapping Database (Banking)
- Call Logging and Tracking System (Banking)
- Cost Control Application (Engineering)
- Competence Management Application (Engineering)
- Quality Control System (Healthcare / Laboratory)
- Radiological Emissions Control System (Engineering)
- Time-sheet Application (Engineering)
- Trend Analysis Tool (Engineering)
A comprehensive event management system that can be operated with minimal training, validates, schedules and tracks the entire process and, most importantly, frees users to get more involved in the competitions. Features include:
- Automated email generation and scraping for volunteer availability requests and offers to attend.
- Automated email distribution of documentation such as risk assessments, police notifications and insurance documents.
- Equipment register / calendar.
- Strict process controls based on discipline, course and race category.
- End to end process management, validation and control as per event properties.
- Documentation management, collection, generation and distribution.
- Full hierarchical auditing and audit reporting.
- User defined event document requirements.
- Customisable email and document templates.
- Much more...
Used to manage the process of posting SAP journals on behalf of third parties as per current Group Minimum Standards issued by Risk. Journals are submitted via email, with an authorisation chain, scraped from the mailbox, validated and consolidated into larger journals for faster processing.
Additionally, for fraud prevention, checksums/hash values are generated to ensure nothing has been altered since the journal was authorised and validated by the SAP Validation Tool (above), and separately to ensure duplicated journals are highlighted.
Used to manage help desk enquiries as per SLA’s, process enquiry forms, produce automated email responses, scrape support requests from the group mailbox, track recurrent issues and produce performance reports etc.
This was a rewrite of an existing application and migration to a SQL Server backend.
Used for collecting and analysing any kind of data in relation to location. Includes functionality for tracking between key location points, location tagged photos, custom data types for location tags, export functionality.
This application automated production of PPI refund calculations (approximately ten thousand/week) based on numerous data sources. Managed the end-to-end process, validated and cleansed data, automated SSIS tasks, produced QC sheets and reconciliation documents, BACS transfers, cheque runs, document management and XML output for client systems.
Distributed processing, and shifting the model processing code to the spreadsheets themselves, allowed batches to be run on multiple computers reducing batch production times from hours to minutes.
A globally available automated mailbox application that validates SAP journals against over two hundred business rules and reference sets.
SAP doesn't provide useful user feedback when a journal fails to post. Before this application, users would contact support and have the journal manually checked for errors if it didn't load. This application entirely automates the validation process.
- Serves over two thousand users.
- Automatically validates between six and seven thousand journals a month.
- Returns validation failure reports that describes exactly where there errors are, what they mean and how they can be fixed.
- Automatically handles user preferences via email.
- Logs all failure types analysis in respect to process improvement.
- Hashes journal data in order to a) identify possible duplicate journals, and b) track agency journals through the approval process as part of the fraud prevention process.
- Provides controls limiting which external domains can use the service.
- Uses automated mailbox monitoring in order to alert support if there is an issue.
For HAZOP, HI&RA, Risk Reduction, Risk Analysis, HAZAN, systems management, system verification etc. with reporting tools for risk profiling and analysis.
This system provides functionality for managing the whole safety review and documentation process in construction of a high risk process plant. Hazards and reductions are analysed and mapped against a five dimensional non-linear risk matrix with live graphical feedback showing initial and mitigated risk against target risk etc.
Also includes functionality for linking hazards to the projects WBS and contract number structure in order to track the implementation of hazard reductions during the various phases of commissioning.
Provided functionality for controlling the movement of radioactive materials within various safety and regulatory constraints. Also provided tools for calculating half-life and activity levels etc. This system uses a graphical interface based on the plant layout, designed to be easily used by operators wearing safety equipment.
Automated mailbox application used to provide validation reports against financial restatement spreadsheets. Includes functionality for user defined validations, file handling, authorisation controls and process tracking etc.
Automated mailbox application used to validate structure change request forms (as in legal entity structures and business reporting units). Additionally, for valid requests, includes a full impact analysis on the group.
Processes multi-currency transactional data for corporate charge cards. Calculates interest and currency translations for the production of SAP journals and Bank of England reporting.
Imports transactional data and produces billing sheets and various reports relating to vendor performance (mercantile rankings etc.).
Used to validate spreadsheet models against current taxonomies etc. issued by the European Banking Authority. This is a design control system that validates Excel equations across multiple files etc., against regulatory requirements. It also analyses templates from the EBA and produces data mapping error and gap analysis reports.
Tens of thousands of formulae validated across more than twenty MS Excel workbooks analysed and reported on in less than a minute. Captured approximately three thousand errors in the first run.
This is basically a time-sheet application that integrates with MS Project. Used for time tracking, resource management and project management. Produces reports identifying resource availability, stretch etc., and to import MS Project files, consolidate them and cross reference them against resource availability.
Simple billing system that imports billing data from various providers, applies margin percentages and overheads etc. and outputs customer bills.
These tools include functionality for validating and recording client and facility details (i.e. loans/products). Specifically relating to large multi-member relationships, the systems provide a generic approach to the validation of documentation, financial exposure and terms and conditions based on entity and facility types. Systems are fully audited, include bespoke and custom reporting functions for RAG analysis, performance tracking and workflow control.
Application used to manage internal data control standards and their related quarterly attestations. Functionality allows for the generation of attestation packs (including embedded control sheets and process flow diagrams etc.), submission and approval processes (via email), workflow tracking, data validation, auditing and reference data management.
This application scrapes weekly data from consolidated MS Project plans and merges it into a central database. Provides simple project tracking of milestone and cross project dependencies via a custom build GANT chart in MS Excel. The system highlights all slippage and incomplete or out of date task information providing a customisable high level view across multiple work streams.
System for maintaining client company financials (either created from scratch or imported from Equifax data). This application applies various ratios (liquidity etc.) to the financials as a tool for assessing risk in lending.
System used to maintain and generate “private” account numbers relating to large highly confidential customer accounts. Effectively an access control point that required input from both user and customer to access functionality.
Provides functionality for generating reconciliation templates in Excel, importing populated reconciliation files and automated quality controls (e.g. details checked against specific escalation periods and constraints). System provides for management of reconciliation definitions etc., ownership, generation of daily work sheets, file and folder management, bulk loading of opening balances and high-level management reporting.
For processing cheque payments from collection agencies, posting to individual accounts and generating BACS upload files etc.
Imports database and spreadsheet data from various sources in the group and generates XML upload files for Bank of England reporting.
For managing dormant accounts in respect to customer repayments, interest and tax calculations, transfers to the Central Reserve Fund and general reporting and tracking.
For handling customer refunds on credit cards. This system bolts onto the new credit card system (IBM main-frame First Data application) scraping and manipulating data in order to automate various labour intensive processes to improve operator performance and data quality.
For identifying conflicts of interest in relation to job and role definitions.
Essentially a help desk application for recording, tracking and reporting on the handling internal enquiries relating to internal cross-billing.
For deliverable and WBS maintenance, forecasting, estimating and reporting, tracking costs from request to purchase order to invoice (with all elements of cost being directly linked to specific deliverables). Linked to MS Project and the teams time-sheet application in order to control the allocation of human resources to specific deliverables etc.
Provides financial reporting functionality for the entire project, alerts (for such things as overbooked deliverables, budget shortfalls etc.), upload sheets for appropriate employment agencies, phase data controls and more.
Provides functionality for managing and tracking the competence (training, experience, qualifications etc.) of operators within a radiological process plant as per the current EHS guidelines.
Tool for tracking product quality in laboratory manufacturing (repeat rates, failures etc.), introduced as part of a Lean Six Sigma initiative.
Health and safety system for analysing activity levels and recording, controlling and analysing emissions of various isotopes. Provides analysis tools for sample certainty, application and maintenance of regulatory and internal constraints relating to environmental controls etc.
Time being booked to deliverables maintained in the cost control application above. This application uses constraints based on user disciplines and responsibilities to ensure time can only be booked against appropriate WBS element and deliverables as per current phase in project etc. Also used to upload contractor billing information to various employment agencies.
This system imports output from various instruments within a process plant and provides user with ability to plot any selection of inputs across specific time periods etc. Also, normalises data extremities so multiple sets can be compared on the same charts.
If you'd like to hear more, please get in touch...